The Artist Behind the Camera
Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by! I am Danae; a wedding, engagement, and senior portrait photographer based in the midwest. I call Appleton, Wisconsin home, but often feel most at home while traveling and exploring new places that I’ve never been with my boyfriend, Nicholas.
I am passionate about my work because I believe one of the greatest gifts is being able to preserve memories. Memories over time will fade, but my goal is to keep them alive in your hearts and minds each time you revisit your photographs, or page through your heirloom album. Everyone has a story yearning to be told, and I want to be the one to tell yours.
I am inspired by the romance, intimacy, and unique love story of each couple I work with; and it brings me joy to see the smile of a teenager who gains confidence after seeing images of themselves displayed before them for the first time.
I love to work with couples who are adventurous, easy going, and madly in love. The ones who will wake at the crack of dawn to begin a hike to the top of the mountain to catch the sunrise, the ones who speak to one another in only kind and uplifting words, and the ones who realize that marriage is a lifetime commitment, and while it may not be easy, it will surely be worth it.
If this sounds like you, I would love to here from you and take on the privilege of capturing beautiful, authentic and true to nature photographs of you and your loved one.
A traveler at heart
Traveling is what fuels my heart and soul. Having both a passion for traveling off the beaten path and for couples in love, makes for a beautiful combination. I not only serve Wisconsin as a wedding and portrait photographer, but Wisconsin and anywhere beyond. No place is too far for these feet to travel to.
A few places across the map that I’ve been to have been Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Ireland, Iceland, Mexico, Costa Rica, and much more! In fact, I often travel to Thailand to photograph adventure sessions and weddings!
I’ve caught the travel bug, and I don’t ever want to stop! I have several countries that I’d love to see, and am offering discounted wedding packages to those who are planning to elope there!
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Israel (heading here November 2019!)
I strongly believe that one of the best ways to get to know someone is by taking a moment to listen to their musical tastes. Here are some of my favorites, and what often inspires my work. Give it a listen and (hopefully) enjoy!
My approach to photography is genuine, playful, with gentle direction. I do my best to capture moments as they happen, rather than setting the scene. I want to preserve the memories of you and your loved one as who you are, and in your element. I have found that happens best when I take a step back from directing, and let you be yourselves.
My editing style is vibrant, warm, and natural. Entirely like my shooting approach, I want my editing to remain as accurate as possible to what the passing moment had been.
I could go on forever about my love for photography
but there is more to me than just my camera…
- I grew up watching movies made in the 50-60's. Therefore I'll watch any movie with Audrey Hepburn, Doris Day, Cary Grant or Rock Hudson in it.
- I'm drawn to music that makes me feel like I'm in the great outdoors. Folk or Indie is typically my genre of choice.
- Ouray, Colorado will forever hold a special place in my heart.
- I sponsor a sweet 2 year old child from Bolivia through Compassion International (if you haven’t heard of Compassion, I highly recommend you check out the great things they do!).
- I bought my first home in October 2017. It’s an adorable ranch home on 2 acres of wooded land. I call it the Herrmann Homestead.
- I am an aunt to two little cuties named Titus (3yrs) and Everly (1yr).
- A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon is my drink of choice.
- You will typically find me wearing black, grey, maroon, or olive green.
- My favorite book is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
- Red lipstick is my staple look.