The Artist Behind the Camera
Hello! I am Danae, a 25 year old gal with restless feet, and a love for love. I was born and raised in Appleton, WI, and still call it home. I recently purchased my first home on 2 acres of wooded land, and though I couldn’t think of anywhere else I’d want my home base to be, I still have the uncontrollable desire to spend all my free time exploring new places and cultures.
I have become the person my friends and family ask to plan their trips, because I’m known to spend my time searching for the greatest flight deals instead of getting things on my daily ’to do’ list finished. I’m also known to cause my mothers hair to grey with my constant announcements of traveling to new foreign countries on the whim (sorry mom).
What began my obsession with the great outdoors was taking family camping trips out west every year since I was young. From the day I was born, we would pack up and hit the road for 2 weeks every summer and explore places like Colorado, California, Montana, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, etc. I now look back and treasure those memories we all made together camping, hiking, and sitting around a campfire under the stars. What also resonates in my mind, is the fact that I always had a camera with me. I was in love with capturing our adventures, and going to the store when we got home to get those snapshots of our life printed. My love for photography continued on into my later years, when I discovered the joy I felt when capturing happy people about to marry their best friend.
Ultimately, I’m passionate about life and doing the things that set my soul on fire. For me, that’s spending time around those who matter great deal to me, being anywhere among nature in the great outdoors, and documenting couples who are in love and have an adventurous spirit. Nothing inspires me more than those who are willing to wake at the crack of dawn to begin a hike to the top of the mountain to catch the sunrise, those who speak to one another in only kind and uplifting words, and those who realized marriage is a lifelong commitment- and though it may not be easy, it will certainly be worth it.
Let’s capture this exciting adventure together.
A traveler at heart
Having both a passion for traveling off the beaten path and for couples in love, makes for a beautiful combination. I not only serve Wisconsin as a wedding and portrait photographer, but Wisconsin and anywhere beyond. No place is too far for these feet to travel to.
A few places across the map that I’ve been to have been Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Ireland, Iceland, Mexico, Costa Rica, and much more. In fact, I often travel to Thailand to photograph adventure sessions and weddings!
I’ve caught the travel bug, and I don’t ever want to stop! I have several countries that I’d love to see, and am offering discounted wedding packages to those who are planning to elope there!
- Santorini, Greece
- Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Patagonia, Chile
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Isle of the Skye, Scotland
- Hallstatt, Austria
I strongly believe that one of the best ways to get to know someone is by taking a moment to listen to their musical tastes. Here are some of my favorites, and what often inspires my work. Give it a listen and (hopefully) enjoy!
My approach to photography is genuine, playful, with gentle direction. I do my best to capture moments as they happen, rather than setting the scene. I want to preserve the memories of you and your loved one as who you are, and in your element. I have found that happens best when I take a step back from directing, and let you be yourselves.
My editing style is vibrant, warm, and natural. Entirely like my shooting approach, I want my editing to remain as accurate as possible to what the passing moment had been.
A few things you may not know about me…
- I grew up watching movies made in the 50-60's. Therefore I'll watch any movie with Audrey Hepburn, Doris Day, Cary Grant or Rock Hudson in it.
- I'm drawn to music that makes me feel like I'm in the great outdoors. Folk or Indie is typically my genre of choice.
- Ouray, Colorado will forever hold a special place in my heart.
- I sponsor a sweet 2 year old child from Bolivia through Compassion International (if you haven’t heard of Compassion, I highly recommend you check out the great things they do!).
- I bought my first home in October 2017. It’s an adorable ranch home on 2 acres of wooded land. I call it the Herrmann Homestead.
- I am an aunt to two little cuties named Titus (3yrs) and Everly (1yr).
- A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon is my drink of choice.
- You will typically find me wearing black, grey, maroon, or olive green.
- My favorite book is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
- Red lipstick is my staple look.