The Artist Behind the Camera
Image by Molly Jo Collection
Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by! I am Danae; a wedding, engagement, and senior portrait photographer based in the midwest. I call Appleton, Wisconsin home, but often feel most at home while traveling and exploring new places that I’ve never been with my boyfriend, Nicholas.
I am passionate about my work because I believe one of the greatest gifts is being able to preserve memories. Memories over time will fade, but my goal is to keep them alive in your hearts and minds each time you revisit your photographs, or page through your heirloom album. Everyone has a story yearning to be told, and I want to be the one to tell yours.
I am inspired by the romance, intimacy, and unique love story of each couple I work with; and it brings me joy to see the smile of a teenager who gains confidence after seeing images of themselves displayed before them for the first time.
I love to work with couples who are adventurous, easy going, and madly in love. The ones who will wake at the crack of dawn to begin a hike to the top of the mountain to catch the sunrise, the ones who speak to one another in only kind and uplifting words, and the ones who realize that marriage is a lifetime commitment, and while it may not be easy, it will surely be worth it.
If this sounds like you, I would love to here from you and take on the privilege of capturing beautiful, authentic and true to nature photographs of you and your loved one.
A traveler at heart
Traveling is what fuels my heart and soul. Having both a passion for traveling off the beaten path, and for couples in love, makes for a beautiful combination. I not only serve Wisconsin as a wedding and portrait photographer, but Wisconsin and anywhere beyond. No place is too far for these feet to travel to.
My approach to photography is genuine, playful, with gentle direction. I do my best to capture moments as they happen, rather than setting the scene. I want to preserve the memories of you and your loved one as who you are, and in your element. I have found that happens best when I take a step back, and let you be yourselves.
My editing style is vibrant, warm, and natural. Entirely like my shooting approach, I want my editing to remain as accurate as possible to what the passing moment had been.
I could go on forever about my love for photography
but there is more to me than just my camera…
- I never turn down dessert.
- Bon Iver will forever be my most beloved artist to listen to.
- I have a love affair with Ouray, Colorado.
- I am a vegetarian who would love to be vegan, but I enjoy cheese too much (I’m from Wisconsin, America’s Dairyland, can you blame me?).
- I sponsor a sweet 2 year old child from Bolivia through Compassion International (if you haven’t heard of Compassion, I highly recommend you check out the great things they do!).
- I bought my first home in October 2017. It’s an adorable ranch home on 2 acres of wooded land. I call it the Herrmann Homestead.
- I am an aunt to two little cuties named Titus and Everly.
- Red wine or a cocktail made with gin is my drink of choice.
- You will typically find me wearing black, grey, or maroon.
- My favorite book is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
- Red lipstick is my staple look.
- I enjoy receiving locally made gifts.